2010年12月9日星期四

like sort of a cheat to Audemars Piguet replica watches getsome outdoorsy

I guess it’smaybe because doing anything on the water seems like it will be easy. A kayaktrip just sounds easy. You don’t have to go up any hills or anything like that.You can put all your stuff in the boat. It seems like sort of a cheat to Audemars Piguet replica watches getsome outdoorsy cred. I’d done a couple boating trips where you just put in atthe top of a river and cruise for a day or two. I thought the Vogalonga wasgoing to be like that. Really . A leisurely cruise around some islands.But man, we didn’t train for it or anything. I guess I’d been going to the gyma fair amount and thought my upper body was in reasonable shape but good God,I’ve never had upper body fatigue like I did at the end of that thing. Everytime I pulled the paddle I would literally whimper like a frightened kitten. Itwas a bad scene. That head wind was just absolutely outrageous. It was acrusher.

If I hadn’t felt it would be a terrible humiliation to turn Mont Blanc replica watches around—ifI hadn’t been writing a piece about it—I’m sure I would have bailed. Paddlingfor hours straight into a headwind is a pretty easy route to despair.What advice do you have for aspiring writers?Don’t be afraid to destroy yourwork. Don’t get too attached to the early drafts. Don’t treasure a sentence ordescription just because it took you 45 minutes to write it. Go back, be cruel,and revise it.Wells Tower’s short story collection Everything Ravaged, Everything Burned was recently released in back. He received two Pushcart Prizes and the Plimpton Prize from The Paris Review. He divides his time between Chapel Hill, North Carolina and Brooklyn, New York.--Stayton Bonner

The year may be young, but its been a roller coaster of events Vacheron Constantin replica watches and emotions so far for Julia Mancuso. The skier, who was the only American female Olympic gold medal winner in 2006, won two silver medals in the Vancouver Winter Olympics, but she also had to deal with personal dramas that affected her racing. Shes come through to win the giant slalom at the U.S. Alpine Skiing Championships in March and already has her sights set on the 2014 Games. Mancuso took a break to chat with Outside Online about skiing, life, and her undies.--Aileen TorresYou won two silvers in Vancouver, which people werent expecting from you.